The medical marijuana card has many benefits, so it does not make sense for a medical user to spend extra unnecessarily when they have to make regular purchases. So, if you are wondering whether you should get your New York medical card renewed, the answer is yes.
Worry not, it isn’t as tedious as it may sound. Some patients have had to undergo long and tiring processes to obtain a medical card in the past and feel that getting a renewal must be just as difficult.
At NY Medical Card, getting a new card or renewing one are very easy and smooth operations. So, if you have had trouble with any clinic in the past, rest assured it won’t happen here. We are known for our instant consultations and quick approval of cards.
So, let’s have a look at the easy process of renewing your marijuana medical card in New York.
How to Renew an MMJ Card in New York?
Getting a renewal on your medical card is actually much easier than applying for one for the first time. Typically, you need to get your card renewed after a year of having it issued. However, you can also apply for it when you have 30 days left for its expiration.
On the other hand, filing for the renewal within 30 days of its expiry will also ensure that you do not have to go through the initial steps again. Doing so in the mentioned time frame means that you won’t have to go even a few days without your medication.
The steps for getting an MMJ card renewal in New York are:
- If you have been diagnosed with a qualifying condition, you simply have to book a consultation over telemedicine. If you are getting your renewal at the same place where you got your card initially, then you’ll have to undergo another consultation. This allows the doctor to determine whether your condition is still valid, and that you still have a need for a medical card.
- Even if you have a consultation with the same doctor as before, it is advisable to be prepared with proper documentation. You will need a government-issued photo ID, such as a passport or driver’s license, along with medical records regarding your qualifying condition. If there have been any changes in your health since first getting the card, make sure to convey them to the doctor. Also mention any medications you may have stopped or started taking.
- After the consultation, you should get the approval soon. Then you have to file the corresponding paperwork with the state. This step is often confusing to most medical users, but our team is here to guide you through it. You can learn how to get through the process easily. Furthermore, almost all of it can be done online, so you do not have to leave the comfort of your home for any part of the renewal process.
For the final step, you just have to pay for the card renewal and any applicable state fee. Although most online 420 doctors take a few weeks to send your card through mail, some issues with the state could also delay it. This is why it is always best to apply before time for a renewal so you won’t be left without access to your medication.
Related – New York Marijuana Laws : Everything You Need to Know
Benefits of Renewing Your Medical Card
As a New York citizen, the thought must have crossed your mind if you should just start purchasing weed recreationally. Although you could do that, there are several benefits of sticking to the medical card, such as:
- If you are below the age of 21, but above the age of 18, you can legally purchase medical marijuana without any hassle, as long as you possess a medical card. Even minors are allowed to get the card, if a caregiver or guardian signs off on it. However, the caregiver must be older than 21.
- You get access to exclusive deals and discounts. As a medical patient in New York, you can save up to 9% sales tax on every purchase. On the other hand, recreational users get no sort of exemption. So, if you have to regularly purchase marijuana, the bills would stack up without any discounts at all.
- Although recreational cannabis can now be purchased in New York, medical users get full legal security. For instance, you would experience more leniency when found traveling with or transporting marjuana within the state boundaries.
- As per the 2021 MRTA Act, the legal possession limit for adults over the age of 21 is three ounces. However, medical patients are allowed to purchase and possess 60 days worth of medical cannabis at a time. They are also allowed to shop products like semi-solids, solids, topicals, edibles, and smokeables with high THC content with no regulations.
These are some benefits of obtaining and renewing a medical card in Marijuana. Now let’s address some common questions regarding the renewal process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Do If My New York MMJ Card Has Already Expired?
You can still apply for re-registration, but it will take a few days extra for the state to process your application with an expired MMJ card. If you make any purchases during this waiting period, you must remember that you’d be doing so as a recreational user. So, you won’t have access to any benefits that medical users do.
This is why you shouldn’t delay your renewal, especially if marijuana works perfectly for your condition. It is best to not be in a situation where your treatment is interrupted.
Do I Need to Get the Renewal at the Same Place I Got My New York MMJCard?
No, you do not have to visit the same doctor for a renewal. You can get your medical card renewed from anywhere you like.
If you are looking for reliable doctors online, get in touch with us today! We will help you get your medical card renewed without even leaving your house.